"PLAY 'EM STRAIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU"


What a way I started today: woke up before my alarm rang!!! Seems like miracle till now. I was very happy.. Wasn’t tired, not feeling drowsy; and then everything seemed turn into opposite direction. One of the worse days in my life; I was about to have my breakfast. It was about 7:30 am. Just about to have a bite; lol..Then I had my brunch at 11 am.
I wanted to write this post with this name, “PLAY 'EM STRAIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU"...but now I am really happy that I am writing my blog and with the name.
I have finished a book, last week, by Frank Bettger, named: “How I multiplied My Income and Happiness in Selling” one of the best book from my collection. An idea, he learned in baseball that he had used every day in selling; that came from the greatest brain that ever played baseball: John McGraw!
I was applying that for last couple of days. And it worked;
I was late by two hours to pick my dad from office;
What I did?
I just received his calls every time within one ring;
Informed my location;
Gave an estimate time to reach which I couldn't make;
Let him understand that I was really trying to make it;
What was the outcome?
He only called twice / thrice during the time.
Understood my sincerity and wasn't upset: and that the best part for me.
Now days, I start praying 5 times in a day at accurate time. I read that "you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives." SubhanAllah. I feel more disciplined in my day to day activities after that.
Another beautiful concept of this book is as follows:
"Frank Bettger's 13 WEEK Self Organizer"
"Why should do something for nothing"
"The Dollars and cents value of a call"
and so more..Reading this book is like talking with Bettger himself; it’s like listening lots of stories (I love stories") and which I will never forget. It's the development, that begins and more importantly I want it and I am learning through it. So, I am starting playing straight and in front of Me.

No comments: