Dad

Intensive-care unit :  that's how I get abbreviation of ICU while I goggled it. I was never admitted there & I hope I never will be. But I saw my dad there for seven days before he died. I can remember how shocked I was when I saw him first time in that hospital's bed as senseless. The only word I said was "Oh My Allah!" 

Life in ICU was really different from my known world. 

At day 1: I saw a patient next to my dad's bed. She was talking and let her family know about her discomfort. I was wishing if my dad could open his eyes for once; just told us what his discomfort; just like the lady next to his bed!

At day 2: I didn't saw that lady ever. She died in the morning! 

In those 7 days, I felt like everyone of my family, my mother, my brother, my sis & me, we lost something apart from my dad. We are never the same person any more.
I never thought I will ever miss my dad the way I am still missing him. I never thought  that I will also like to follow some of my dad's footsteps. I start realizing the worthiness of some of his deeds that I used to see him doing.

I have promised something to myself during that time. And dad, I will fulfill all of those, InsAllah.
I love you and I will love you always.

**This year I again started writing & today is Bangla Noborsho!!! sob bangalike !! 1417 er onek onek suvecha.

1 comment:

D. M. S. Sultan said...

When we do born, we do die!! that's the rule of nature and none can deny. Apart that, your dad will always be with you, as he is now with lots of memories and essence.